Happy new year, everyone! How did you celebrate? Ours was the usual, spent away from the city. It was a great time to kick back, recharge and gear up for a full year ahead.
This time was a bit different though, we had a little rascal in tow.
So. I’m really excited for 2013! The past year wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t exactly great either. I’m just thankful it’s over and we have another year to make the best out of. As is customary, I’m making resolutions. But I’ll share with you the beauty portion of the list.
Here’s me on the first day of the year at our yearly getaway. I’m putting up this photo because I want to be reminded how I started the year—happy, refreshed, rejuvenated. And I intend to refocus my energies to keeping it this way! The beauty mantra this year is health. That and [conserving] wealth.
Healthy is the new beauty!
For 2013, my beauty resolutions are:
1. Buy less. This will be tough, as beauty blogging is almost synonymous with what’s new. If this proves to be too hard, I’ll proceed to…
2. Sell. I have some makeup that I hardly use. I know this isn’t very attractive, selling used makeup, but I put a lot of thought and resources in to my purchases. Some of you might benefit from it—I simply do not have enough lips/eyes/face to apply them all. Rest assured, I will sanitize (and cut lipstick tops, etc.) each before letting them go. Is that something you guys would go for?
3. Go to the derma more. I should be spending more on keeping my skin in its best condition and spend less on makeup.
4. Drink more water. I have started on this last year, and I’ve almost completely stopped drinking soft drinks and other sweet drinks. Drinking more water has been beneficial to my skin and my health, I really think.
5. Get into dry body brushing. I heard it does wonders for blood circulation and consequently, the skin.
6. Give gloss and gleam a go. I’m a self-professed matte lover, but I would try to incorporate lip glosses, highlighters and illuminators this year. We’ll see. 🙂
I’ve yet to review these NARS mini lipglosses!
That’s about it. What are your [beauty] resolutions? Do share! And while we’re at it, may I suggest including sunscreen on your list too?
Again, happy new year girls! Let’s make 2013 the prettiest yet!