Oh wow, it’s not very often that I get reader requests, so when I do, I try to get to it right away! Somebody asked what my makeup must-haves are, and that got me thinking. While I do have a LOT of favorites, certainly, they’re not all necessary. How many lipsticks do you really need anyway?
Also, a must-have for me is something that addresses a basic need. Sunscreen, for your skin protection, blusher for color, pencil for definition. Anything beyond those are really just embellishments, which, are of course always welcome and enjoyed. In that sense, I always switch up my lipsticks which are for me, the most fun (and easy) extra I can indulge in.
Categorically speaking, these are my must-have-in-my-everyday-purse. I don’t use all of it all the time, but I carry them with me anyway. From time to time, I’ll chuck in a lipstick I fancy, or an eye shadow I left the house with. I listed down my must-haves below, if you’re interested about any product and would like to know more about it in detail, (I most probably have written a review on it) just look it up on the search tab on the right. Okay? Okay!
1. Sunscreen: La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF50 – because before I put anything else, I make sure my face is protected. This is mostly my skin care, and I try not to skip.
2. BB Cream: Face Shop HD Perfect in Natural Beige – for normal days, I use BB creams because it’s skin care+makeup. This one in particular comes in a darker shade that’s almost undetectable in photos and in person.
3. Cream/Tint Blush: Majolica Majorca Blood On – I prefer liquid/cream formulas because they’re easy to apply (no need for brushes) and they give the most natural effect.
4. Brow Pencil: MAC Brow Pencil in Lingering or Avon Perfect Eyebrow Pencil – I’m a brow freak, I am. And I need these in my life.
5. Brow Mascara: Art Deco Eyebrow Filler – …or at the very least this.
6. Black Eyeliner: Majolica Majorca Cream Eyeliner– every girl should have a black/dark brown eyeliner. It instantly defines the eyes without looking made up.
7. Extra Eyeliner: MAC Kohl Liner in Teddy – because pencils are your best friends—you can instantly whip up a smoky eye with them alone, no need for eye shadows and brushes.
8. Mascara: Dolly Wink Volume Mascara – is such a pleaser. It does everything! I don’t have any issues with this tube, and it’s easily my favorite for a while now.
9. Nude Lip Liner: Boots No.7 Lip Liner in Nude – I cant begin to stress the importance of a nude lip liner. It simply makes your lips, in a word, ready.
10. Lip Balm: Lip Ice Lip Balm (not in photo) – this with no.9 gives me the most natural, dewy lips that I resort to wearing almost everyday.
Korres Shea Butter Lip Balm – very hydrating, and this has somewhat a flat finish, so it’s a winner!
11. Lipsticks: MAC Plumful or MAC Please Me – for when I want a bit of accentuating/flattering color. I always bring a tube or two of lipsticks because they’re the easiest way to switch up a look really.
12. Red Lipstick: MAC Ruby Woo – there are lipsticks, and then there’s a red lipstick. Actually it can be hot pink, or plum, it just has to make a statement. A statement lip is an instant pick-me-upper. If all else fails, a bright lip will save the day.