Due in part to this blog, this year saw the many-est makeup I’ve had in my possession—gifts, purchases, freebies. My sudden curiosity and awareness for makeup had me wanting and getting products, admittedly, more than I should.
Can you smell a resolution coming?
But before that, I have to come up with my Top 11; products which I think really stood out, took the spotlight and thus, have been in my constant circulation. I still have some that are under consideration, but it’s impossible to include them in this list (I’m being such a cool cat with my 11 for 2011 title!). So, without further ado…
1. Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation – a product which comes with the finest ingredients and the best technology. Sheer to medium coverage but brings the best out of your skin.
2. Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Illusoire – is a joy to apply and wear, the cream-powder formula blends and layers beautifully—super fool-proof! The minky, purple-gray shade is really versatile as well.
3. NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Schiap – this hot-pink immediately reached cult status with its winsome formula and trendier-than-thou color. Definitely a look-maker, you wont be needing much else!
4. Dr. Oil BB Lotion – a popular topic here in the blog, and many months after, I still stand by my love for it. I use this as my default face-maker—light, easy to apply, overall, a reliable base.
5. Lip Ice Lip Balm – I’m on my second tube already. By far the most flattering, natural shade of pinky-balm for my lips. The texture’s spot on, not sticky, waxy and smells yummy!
6. Rimmel Lip Liner in Tiramisu – a trusty nude liner that I’ve been using forever. Doubles as a nice lipstick too! It’s easy to draw with, and works well worn with Lip Ice.
7. MAC Brow Pencil in Lingering – you know me and my brows..but so far, this MAC pencil has been sufficient enough. I still reach out for my brow powders but for everyday, this one’s handy!
8. Avon Supershock Mascara – this has become my comfort mascara: easy to apply, dries quickly and stays put incredibly well. It’s also very easy to remove, which is a huge consideration for me. Can go from clean to dramatic in a few coats.
9. Revlon Matte Lipstick in Mauve It Over – I love Revlon’s Matte Lipstick line, all of it! But I’ve taken a liking to this color, I like how subdued it is for my no-lipstick-lipstick look.
10. MAC x Wonderwoman (Mineralize Skinfinish in Pink Power and Lipstick in Spitfire) – Okay, can I list them as one? This one will go down in makeup history, I can tell. I’m planning on keeping them (boxes and all) for my daughter-to-be. But I get to use them now because they’re both Wonder-ful! 🙂
11. NYX Jumbo Eyeliner in Slate – smoky eyes in a stroke and a half-smudge! I discovered this when I bought one as an errand and immediately fell for its creamy and pigmented texture. And I just love pencils, so win-win!
Below I’m wearing some of the products listed above: Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation, MAC Brow Pencil in Lingering, Avon Supershock Mascara, NARS Lipstick in Schiap.
With that, I wish all of you a fantastic year ahead! Here’s to more beauty-filled and beautiful days! Thanks for reading An Artechoke, see you next year!!